- Library Policies
- After School Rules
After School Rules
Pelham Park Middle School Students are allowed to visit the Pelham Public Library after school starting in September of each school year. However, the following rules and guidelines must be followed:
- Pelham Park Middle School Students must follow the school dismissal rules (by bus, car, or walking).
- All middle school students must have their parent or guardian sign an after school permission form at the Pelham Public Library prior to walking to the library from school.
- The child must have an active library card to use the Pelham Public Library after school.
- With the understanding that the Pelham Public Library is not an after school care facility, Middle School Students can participate in activities/programs provided by the Pelham Public Library or study/read in designated areas.
- If discipline issues arise with a student at the Pelham Public Library a parent/guardian will be called, and they will sit in director’s office or current supervisor's office until such time as their parent/guardian can pick them up. Inappropriate behavior includes but is not limited to loud talking, offensive comments directed at library staff or other library patrons, fighting, interference with other library patrons’ use of the facility, running, misuse or abuse of library materials or equipment, and failure to observe courteous behavior to other library patrons.
- Students will sign in when they come to the library after school, and sign out when they leave.
- If a student leaves the library premises, it is the understanding that the library staff will not attempt to stop or keep track of said student.
- The Pelham Public Library will be implementing a 3 strike discipline program. In the event 3 discipline issues occur, the privilege of walking to the Pelham Public Library after school will be revoked for the remainder of the school year, and the parent/guardian and school administrator will be notified.
- Students must be picked up 15 minutes prior to the library closing. The Pelham Public Library Closes at 8:00pm Monday – Thursday and 5:00pm on Friday. Please note the early closing time on Friday. We also recommend that children not be left at the library until 8:00pm. That is a very long day for a child. If a child is in not picked up at closing, and we cannot get in touch with a parent/guardian, the Pelham Police Department will be notified. If a child is not picked up by closing on more than one occasion, the privilege of walking to the Pelham Public Library after school will be revoked for the remainder of the school year.