Scarecrows in the Park is back, and it's time to gather your group and come up with a winning theme!
Here are the details:
WHEN: Scarecrows will be on display November 7-17 and will be judged and prizes awarded. Winners will be announced on Facebook and City of Pelham web page on November 10.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Individuals, School Groups, Businesses and Community Organizations residing in the City of Pelham.
HOW TO ENTER:
Applications are available by following this link, or at the Pelham Recreation Center. Registration is free.
- Submit applications no later than Wednesday, November 1 by 5pm. Scarecrow spaces are limited.
- Scarecrow set up is Monday, November 6 from 4pm-8pm. Scarecrows will be on display November 7– 17, 2023. Scarecrows will need to be removed no later than November 18 by 8pm. The city of Pelham reserves the right to remove them from City Park after November 18.
INFORMATION AND RULES:
- Scarecrow must be able to stand or sit on its own, tied to a chair or a pole/metal 4 foot stake which the Parks and Recreation staff will pre-secure in the ground. Please bring additional supplies to secure your scarecrow.
- Scarecrows should be sturdy enough to withstand normal weather conditions. If stuffed, scarecrow should be firmly packed. Scarecrows and props must fit in a 4x6 foot area. You are welcome to visit your scarecrow and keep it in good presentable condition.
- All scarecrows and content must be suitable for children. Have FUN! Create with a theme, crazy attire, facial expressions and remember accessories make all the difference. (no perishable goods) (scarecrows that reflect controversial social, religious or political situations will be taken down)
- As part of your display, be sure to make a laminated sign, no larger than 8.5 x 11 with the name/title of your entry. Contact Parks & Recreation if you need your sign laminated.
- Pelham Parks & Recreation is not responsible for loss or damage to scarecrows while on display, or during drop-off and pick up.
- Pelham Parks & Recreation reserves the right to refuse any entry at its discretion. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your design, you may contact Alicia at email@example.com or 205-621-4773.
READ OUR HELPFUL HINTS FOR SCARECROW DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION HERE.